Re: [eclipselink-users] cache report queries

The "cache-usage" is for the object cache, what you want is to use the query
cache.

See,
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/api/1.1.1/org/eclipse/persistence/config/QueryHints.html#QUERY_RESULTS_CACHE

It is odd that you can a User back though.  Probably log a bug for that, you
should probably get an exception that states CheckCacheThenDatabase is an
invalid option for a ReportQuery.

Jan Kriesten-2 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to also cache report queries? E.g. I have something like
> this:
>
> Query q = entityManager.createQuery( "select count(e) from User e" )
> Long result = (Long) q.getSingleResult()
>
> If I add a cache hint to the query
>
> q.setHint( "eclipselink.cache-usage", "CheckCacheThenDatabase" )
>
> I get a class cast exception (User -> Long), which is a bit puzzling.
>
> Best regards, --- Jan.

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/
TopLink