[eclipselink-users] Ids not being used

Folks, a simple example, after I insert one or more entities into the table
the next id value starts with a 50 offset, and it happens every time. Hence
it looks like a lot of id values will never be used. Is it true?
Is there a "wiser" way to "spend" id numbers (except the "identity"
solution)?

Using MySQL 5.0 on Ubuntu, JPA with EclipseLink. Happens for all generation
types except IDENTITY but can't use it because it lets me know the ID of a
newly created entity only after I commit it to the db.