[eclipselink-users] Unstable database connection causes EL to deadlock

Hello,

I am using a database on a VM over a VPN which is a highly unstable connection. So it happens the either the VPN breaks down or the VM is too slow to respond. EL does not seem to handle such situations very well. Is there a method I could be notified when the connection breaks down and to re-establish the connection? Maybe its just a timeout that is very high in the default settings of EL that I could reduce to make my app more responsive even when the connection breaks down. I would like to create a job then, that tries to re-establish the connection.

Thanks,
Phil

Back to the top