[eclipselink-users] Workaround for Null Default Values

This has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Is there
an easy way to make EclipseLink not include nulls in insert
statements? As is, it's including the null value, which is causing the
default value on in oracle to not be set.

I don't want to use the insertable=false attribute on the @Column
annotation, because sometimes I want to be able to specify the value.

Basically I want an attribute that's like, includeWhenNull=false ,
which when set would cause the column to be left out of the insert
query.

I thought nullable=false might take care of it, but it didn't.

Thanks,
Tim

Back to the top