Re: [eclipselink-users] NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/Synchronization

Ensure you have the JTA or JavaEE jar on your classpath, including your
client classpath.

Also ensure it is visible to EclipseLink, where did you put the
eclipselink.jar in your server?  Is the error raised from EclipseLink or
somewhere else, include the full stack and enable logging in EclipseLink to
see the error on the server side.

miroslav. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> please could anyone help me - I am receiving this error:
>
>         java.rmi.RemoteException: null; nested exception is:
>         java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/Synchronization
>
> I'm using glassfish 2u2, eclipselink, Oracle db and NetBeans 6.1 as IDE.
> I've got a simple application: an entity and a stateless session facade.
> It does work when using default TopLink, but when I swich to Eclipselink,
> container managed transactions stop working and I get this error. The
> error is fired when I invoke first EntityManager.find method.
>
> my persistence.xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <persistence version="1.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd";>
>   <persistence-unit name="TestEJB_TLPU" transaction-type="JTA">
>     <provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider>
>     <jta-data-source>hpd</jta-data-source>
>     <properties>
>       <property name="eclipselink.target-server" value="SunAS9"/>
>     </properties>
>   </persistence-unit>
> </persistence>
>
> Thanks very much in advance