Re: [eclipselink-users] PersistenceException problem

Hello John,

While Line 300 in RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork doesn't match up perfectly, I suspect it is in the code catching an exception, marking the state as incomplete, then rethrowing the exception. So we cannot tell what is actually causing the NPE without the full stack trace . This might only occur during certain query executions not because of the query itself, but because the query forces a flush. The NPE is coming from the flush operation required to ensure that the query operates and picks up the changes made in the transaction so far. You might want to check what you have changed in your transaction since that last query or flush.
Best Regards,
Chris

vrmerlin wrote:
While performing a query, I'm getting the following exception:

===============================
Specifics: javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
Stack trace: javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.flush(EntityManagerImpl.java:382)
at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EJBQueryImpl.performPreQueryFlush(EJBQueryImpl.java:936)
at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EJBQueryImpl.executeReadQuery(EJBQueryImpl.java:378)
at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EJBQueryImpl.getResultList(EJBQueryImpl.java:517)
at
iccs.services.system_manager.server.ProcessDataModel.getProgramByService(ProcessDataModel.java:299)
at
iccs.services.system_manager.server.SysMgrCentralImpl.get_Managed_Service_Ref(SysMgrCentralImpl.java:439)
at iccs.idl.Idl_Sys_Mgr.CentralPOA._invoke(CentralPOA.java:241)
at
org.jacorb.poa.RequestProcessor.invokeOperation(RequestProcessor.java:297)
at org.jacorb.poa.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:591)
at org.jacorb.poa.RequestProcessor.run(RequestProcessor.java:734)
at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork.writeChanges(RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork.java:300)
at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.flush(EntityManagerImpl.java:380)
... 9 more

I should add that this query runs successfully quite a few times, before
throwing this exception. Any ideas on what might be causing it?

Thanks,
John

Back to the top