Re: [eclipselink-users] DatasourceLogin

There might be several ways to override settings. I do it with a sessionCustomizer.

in persistence.xml :
<property name="eclipselink.session.customizer" value="aurora.MySessionCustomizer"/>

then an ordinary java class:

public class MySessionCustomizer implements SessionCustomizer{
   public static volatile String jdbcpwd;
   public static volatile String dbfilename;
   public static volatile Integer dbinternalcacheKbyte = 32768;

@Override
public void customize(Session session) throws Exception {
session.getLogin().setPassword(jdbcpwd);
session.getLogin().setShouldTrimStrings(false);
session.getLogin().setQueryRetryAttemptCount(0); session.getLogin().setConnectionString("jdbc:h2:~/"+dbfilename+";CIPHER=AES;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1;CACHE_SIZE="+dbinternalcacheKbyte+";MODE=HSQLDB");

}

}

Janda Martin skrev:
Hello,

  I have a problem. I'm trying to set JDBC connection property. I found that I need to set property with DatabaseLogin.setProperty(<key>, <value>).
Bud I don't know how to use this my DatabaseLogin object.

I use EclipseLink 1.0 under JavaSE

Current version
                    Map<String, Object> params = new HashMap<String, Object>();
                    params.put("eclipselink.jdbc.url", getServerJDBCURL());
                    params.put("eclipselink.jdbc.driver", getServerJDBCDriver());
                    params.put("eclipselink.jdbc.user", getServerJDBCUser());
                    params.put("eclipselink.jdbc.password", getServerJDBCPassword());

                    EntityManagerFactory factory = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("pu-test, params);
                    EntityManager entityManager = factory.createEntityManager();

Java SE replacement with:

                    DatabaseLogin databaseLogin = new DatabaseLogin();
//... set connection

                    databaseLogin.setProperty("key", "value");

What I need and I don't know how: *) use settings from persistence unit from persistence.xml *) replace jdbc connection with my values *) set JDBC connection custom property (eg. "encoding" = "UTF-8") *) get EntityManagerFactory and EntityManager.

  Thank you very much for your help.

 Martin