RE: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink JpaEntityManager with JBoss Seam

Hi,

> If you just committed wouldn't it make sense for the change set to be
> empty/null?

according to the doc of UnitOfWork:

public UnitOfWorkChangeSet getCurrentChanges()
ADVANCED: This method Will Calculate the chages for the UnitOfWork. Without
assigning sequence numbers
This is a Computationaly intensive operation and should be avoided unless
necessary. A valid changeSet, with sequencenumbers can be collected from the
UnitOfWork After the commit is complete by calling
unitOfWork.getUnitOfWorkChangeSet()

AND

public UnitOfWorkChangeSet getUnitOfWorkChangeSet()
ADVANCED: Returns the currentChangeSet from the UnitOfWork. This is only
valid after the UnitOfWOrk has commited successfully.

I do not use UnitOfWork explicit. I do tx = em.getTransaction(),
em.merge(entity) and then tx.commit(). em.getUnitOfWork() returns the
UnitOfWork in this way also. But why is the UnitOfWorkChangeSet null?

In the log I can see that only the changed fields of the entity are included
in the update SQL statement. So the changeset is calculated.

How to access it?

--
Regards,
Mathias