[eclipselink-users] Coping with non standard data types on insert/update

I've got a table with a cidr datatype (postgres), on selects JPA maps
it to a String, which is fine. However on inserts/updates this of
course does not work.

In the past (pure jdbc) I'd simply cast like so, "INSERT into table
(cidrfield) values(?::cidr)" what's the best practices for dealing
with custom datatypes that aren't mapped by eclipselink/jpa?

Will I have to write insert queries by hand for all my inserts or is
there an elegant way? I was looking at the Converter annotations, but
that looks like it's for XML stuff only.

Thanks,
Tim

Back to the top