[eclipselink-users] EclipseLink + JTA: out of the container

Hi,
We're trying to setup a JPA project with Tomcat. As we experienced a
lot of difficulties with RESOURCE_LOCAL transaction management (there
was many unexpected results: some entities not saved, some
many-to-many links not persisted/deleted as they were supposed to,
some updates not worked at all), we tried to switch to JTA transaction
support model. As I know JTA should be supported out of a Java EE
container with JPA, so I tried to set in up along with a 5.5.25 Tomcat
server.

I setup JTA with both Atomikos and JOTM (based on their corresponding
setup process). The problem is that although I can JNDI lookup() my
jdbc/xa-connection manually when server is up, TopLink cannot look it
up.

Since I was not sure that I'm setting up Atomikos properly, I switched
to JTOM, again to no avail. Is there any example application, or
tutorial on how to setup EclipseLink-JPA+JTA outside of a Java EE
container. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything useful
regarding this issue on the Internet.

Thanks in advance.
Mohsen.

Back to the top