[eclipselink-users] When would an INSERT be called before an EM is commited?

I'm using a Persist cascade type to handle adding child tables in a
ManyToOne relationship. Anyway, I am setting up my relationships, then
the next time I hit the EM to do a simple select, EclipseLink is
calling an INSERT on the ManyToOne table.

This is a big problem since I have autocommit on and don't want to
actually hit the database until the user specifically saves. I was
under the impression that nothing would hit the database until i call
commit on the entity manager.

--
./tch

Back to the top