Re: [eclipselink-users] Experiments with Glassfish and coordinated caching

Hi rv,

Is it possible for you to post your question to GlassFish user forum (users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)? Developers more experienced in naming implementation can directly answer you. Once we get a solution, you can put it up in a wiki as suggested by Shaun

Thanks,
Mitesh

wintermute@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Mitesh,

Is there any reason you want to use S1ASCtxFactory?

Good point. No. And at least with my first approach (central unclustered JMS Topic on the DAS), it doesn't make much sense.

(Other people have also reported in the Sun forums that S1ASCtxFactory always tries to connect to localhost. So S1ASCtxFactory is probably the wrong ctx factory for looking up remote stuff.)

Please follow the link (https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html) regarding JMS issues.

I tried this:

Hashtable properties = new Hashtable();

properties.put("java.naming.factory.initial","com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory"); properties.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","com.sun.enterprise.naming"); properties.put("java.naming.factory.state","com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl");
properties.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "DAS.devel");
properties.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "3700");

In a stand-alone client, I can now use this property set to look up the connection factory. (So, proof, the code works and does a correct remote JNDI lookup, and proof, the factory is where it should be on the DAS.)

Still, in my customizer class, the very same lookup throws a ConnectorRuntimeException and claims that "This pool is not bound in JNDI : jms/centralConnectionFactory".

So apparently, Glassfish is in the way somehow. Probably there is a way to set the properties for a genuine remote JNDI lookup in Glassfish that I'm just not aware of.

Mitesh, what would be the correct ctx factory to use for doing a remote JNDI lookup Glassfish-to-Glassfish, programmatically?

@Shaun: I will happily provide a Wiki page as soon as I found a way to make this work. Currently, I'm afraid I'm still too much lost in the dark to take somebody with me.

Thanks!

rv