AW: [eclipselink-users] No Persistence provider for EntityManager - Error when using EclipseLink

Hi Shaun,

eclipselink.jar should be on the classpath, I get messages on stdout like

[EPS Config]: 2008.03.12 10:39:22.252--ServerSession(29524641)--Thread(Thread[main,5,main])--The target entity (reference) class for the one to many mapping element [private java.util.List com.emd.testpersistence.UserBV.roleCollection] is being defaulted to: class com.emd.testpersistence.UserRoleBV.

If I remove eclipselink.jar from build path I don't get any message like this.

best regards,

Alex

----- Ursprüngliche Mail ----
Von: Shaun Smith <shaun.smith@xxxxxxxxxx>
An: EclipseLink User Discussions <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Dienstag, den 11. März 2008, 14:39:33 Uhr
Betreff: Re: [eclipselink-users] No Persistence provider for EntityManager - Error when using EclipseLink

Hi Alex,

   One way this exception can occur is when you have persistence.jar on your classpath but not the JPA provider jar.  Make sure you have both persistence.jar and eclipselink.jar on your classpath.

       Shaun

Alex_S wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have tried to switch my application from Toplink Essentials to
Eclipselink, but it currently doesn't work.

After replacing the jar library and doing the necessary changes in
persistence.xml and source code I always get an

Exception in thread "main" javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No
Persistence provider for EntityManager named default
	at
javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:89)
	at com.emd.testpersistence.MyEntityManager.main(MyEntityManager.java:89)

Thx for help,
Alex

--

Oracle
Shaun Smith | Principal Product Manager, TopLink | +1.905.502.3094

-----Integrierter Anhang folgt-----