[eclipselink-dev] Freezing master till Monday Oct 21 - switching master to maven

Hi,

I'd like to ask all committers to not merge anything to master from now till Monday Oct 21 or till PR #381[1] gets merged - whatever comes first.

We've completed work on PR[1] which migrates EclipseLink build from the ant/Tycho mix to pure maven and we would like to avoid rebasing it as the change itself touches >20k files.

   The PR[1] itself consists of three commits:
1) maven files, migration related scripts
2) the switch itself
3) clean up

How the build is supposed to work after the switch is documented at https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/wiki/Building-EclipseLink#mvnbuild

We kindly ask all committers to spend some time on trying this out and/or reviewing this PR. Should there be at least 3 approvals and no requests for changes in the PR by Friday Oct 18, we'll merge the change to master on Friday.

   Note: We are not planning to make the same change in any other branches.

Thanks,
--lukas

[1]: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/eclipselink/pull/381

Back to the top