[eclipselink-dev] Bug 456067 - javax.persistence.query.timeout

I was looking over this reported bug in DatabaseCall class and wanted to see if someone could weight-in on the reason for using Seconds rather than Milliseconds as indicated in the 2.0 spec? After looking over the code and spec, it seems the property is provider dependent. I'm thinking EclipseLink chose to use Seconds since it is the unit of time that java.sql.Statement.setQueryTimeout(int seconds) assumes you are passing. I could write up a patch that would add support for any duration by adding a new property, but the user still would have to understand that in the end, whole seconds are being used as the timeout duration and fractional seconds will be rounded. Is this support necessary? Thoughts?

Back to the top