Re: [eclipselink-dev] Move javax.persistence codebase to Git now?

+1 for separating specification and implementation releases.
/Michael O'Brien

-----Original Message-----
From: eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Gwin
Sent: January 5, 2012 11:30
To: Dev mailing list for Eclipse Persistence Services; Peter Krogh; Doug Clarke
Subject: [eclipselink-dev] Move javax.persistence codebase to Git now?

Hi,

With the migration to Git looming and the current work ongoing for javax.persistence 2.1, the question has arisen of whether we will need to maintain 2.0 after 2.1 is out. I think the answer may be "yes", or at least that we want to maintain that option.

If so, it seems to me that migrating the javax.persistence codebase to its own Git repository now may be something to consider:
- not only will it allow us to branch javax.persistence independently from EclipseLink, but
- it will give us a small subset of EclipseLink to use to perfect the migration scheme to Git

What do you think?
Any objections?

-Eric