Re: [eclipselink-dev] Query retry limited to ReadOnly Queries

Hi Tom,

This is the code excerpt from AbstractSession.class inside the function:

public Object executeQuery(DatabaseQuery query, AbstractRecord row, int retryCount) throws DatabaseException {
-
-
-
-

//if this query is a read query outside of a transaction then we may be able to retry the query

if (!isInTransaction() && query.isReadQuery()) {

//was the failure communication based? (ie timeout)

if (databaseException.isCommunicationFailure()) {

Object[] args = new Object[1];

Also, from the documentation, I see the following:

void org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.DatabaseLogin.setDelayBetweenConnectionAttempts(int delayBetweenConnectionAttempts)
PUBLIC: Stores the number of milliseconds that EclipseLink will wait between attempts to reconnect a DatabaseConnection in the case EclipseLink is attempting to retry a query. EclipseLink will retry a read query outside of a transaction if EclipseLink can determine that a communication error occurred with the database.
Parameters:
delayBetweenConnectionAttempts

Open Declaration void org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.DatabaseLogin.setQueryRetryAttemptCount(int queryRetryAttemptCount)

PUBLIC: Set the number of attempts EclipseLink should make to re-connect to a database and re-execute a query after a query has failed because of a communication issue. EclipseLink will only attempt to reconnect when EclipseLink can determine that a communication failure occurred on a read query executed outside of a transaction. By default EclipseLink will attempt to retry the query 3 times, by setting this value to 0 EclipseLink will not retry queries.
Parameters:
queryRetryAttemptCount
Thanks
Sridhar