RE: [eclipselink-dev] I need your views (Test Build changes)...

I have scheduled a meeting for 2:00est on Monday Nov 16th.

If you wish to attend this meeting and the time does not work for you, please let me know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Yorke
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:02 PM
To: Dev mailing list for Eclipse Persistence Services
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-dev] I need your views (Test Build changes)...

We should not be throwing the 'kitchen sink' at the classpath.
Dependencies need to be planned for, tracked and approved.  Having the
test scripts ensure that only the expected dependencies are available to
a set of tests ensures that we do not introduce unexpected dependencies.

The tests can always be run against the test classes but should always
run against the deliverables for the component and any dependencies.
Although we should add a test target for developers that can run against
the classes directories the main target should run against the
eclipselink.jar.

Also I do not understand why we would need special tests to test for the
eclipselink.jar.  If you are running the main target and the
eclipselink.jar is not available the tests should fail to run at all.

Perhaps a conference call could work this all out.  Perhaps Peter can
make arrangements for a conference call on this issue early next week?
--Gordon