Re: [eclipselink-dev] fix: increase heap above 512 for Trunk Ant JPA LRG XML report is truncated since ~23 Oct - it reports on only 70 of 1644 tests - running in Eclipse is ok

Update,
    I forgot that there is already an enhancement request on this intermittent OOME in bug# 291410
http://bugs.eclipse.org/291410
    If I increase the heap from 512 to 2048 (for 64 bit JVM's only with over 4GB ram) I no longer crash running the ant report - it generates the following
    We will need a user assignable build property in the future for this to accomidate either 32 or 64 bit JVM's.

1605 1 2 99.81% 1457.861

    thank you
    /michael
Michael O'Brien wrote:
JPA developers,
   The trunk JPA LRG ant script is not reporting on all the tests after a change between rev# 562x - 564x.
trunk>ant test-jpa
   I have tested this on 2 different views.

------short fix:
Run the JPA LRG using the following target instead the new default - then we get a report on the full JPA LRG - giving us all JPA results and not just on the last antcall target run.
jpa/eclipselink.jpa.test>ant test

   [junit] Tests run: 1531, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,415.442 sec

Note: However there is a discrepancy between tests in ant = 1531 and eclipse = 1644

------full fix:
Modify the generate-report target to report on multiple antcall targets cumulatively

------Details:
>For the last 3-5 days the JPA LRG ant run has had different behavior - it reports on only a subset of 75 of the total 1644 tests.
Running the JPA LRG from Eclipse in the testing browser is fine.
I suspect that some change to build.xml in the trunk or jpa/eclipselink.jpa.test directory has caused this.
See
http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/browse/eclipselink/trunk/build.xml
http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/browse/eclipselink/trunk/jpa/eclipselink.jpa.test/build.xml

It looks like the following target is being run
   <!-- Runs LRG (FullRegressionTestSuite) with agent. -->
   <target name="test-lrg" depends="clean-test, config-trunk, config-flat">

instead of this one which reports on all 1644 tests
   <!-- Default test target, run the LRG -->
   <target name="test" depends="clean-test, config-trunk, config-flat">

-----Eclipse-------OK

VERSION: Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.0.0.qualifier
TEST MODEL NAME: JPA Tests
MODEL DESCRIPTION:

RESULTS OF TEST MODEL: JPA Tests
Warnings: 0
Problems: 0
Errors: 0
Fatal Errors: 0
Passed: 1644
Setup Warnings: 0
Setup Failures: 0
Total Time: 1535486
Total Tests: 1644

-----Ant-----------Not-OK

I get the following XML test output after a refresh from 3-5 days ago

TestCase FullRegressionTestSuite
Name Status Type Time(s)
testUpdateEmployee Error Forked Java VM exited abnormally. Please note the time in the report does not reflect the time until the VM exit.

junit.framework.AssertionFailed
Error: Forked Java VM exited abnormally. Please note the time in the report does not reflect the time until the VM exit.
0.001

Q)Has any one else had recent issues with the ant JPA test run?

thank you
/michael