Re: [eclipselink-dev] running JPA JUnit tests

Hi Dies,

You have described a number of issues in the emails you have sent about this in that last few days. It is not clear to me which ones are still problems for you.

Here is what I could extract. Please let me know if my assumptions about your progress on them are incorrect and if there are any issues I am missing:

1. Quoted Identifiers

- You mentioned quoted identifiers work on Symfoware for reserved words but not spaces - The way we get around issues with reserved words on other platforms is to quote the words that are causing issues. Hopefully we can do that for the words that are issues on Symfoware as well. - Could you please file a bug containing all the reserved words that are causing issues. I think the list is: LANGUAGE, VALUE, DOMAIN, SEQUENCE. You mentioned that there is a whole list in the various SQL specifications. I assume we only need to fix the ones that are causing you issues at the moment? - You were wondering about the code I am working on - it cleans up the use of quoted identifiers where the Database does not support the double quote as a delimiter. That should not be an issue for you since it sounds like Symfoware does support the double quote.

2. Connection issue with Orbit

- I am assuming you have been able to connect given your progress. Let me know if that is an incorrect assumption

3. Bugs 289019-289023.

- I am going to talk to the rest of the team about trying to get solutions for these issues in as soon as we can. The only thing that could get in the way of this is our JPA 2.0 Reference Implementation delivery dates.

4. Compilation of Eclipse Projects

- It is not clear to me whether this is working for you right now. Are you still having issues? If not, what issues?

5. Running testing within Eclipse

- It is not clear to me what the issues you are seeing with this are

6. ClassNotFound (PrimitiveType)

- We have a bug related to an accidental dependency on JDK 6. It will be fixed fairly soon. For now, just use JDK 6. - This is probably also the issue with EclipseLink\jpa\plugins\javax.persistence\src\javax\persistence\EntityManagerFactory.java

7. Project not found javax.persistence

- I am not sure where that dependency is coming from.  Can you point me at it.
- There is an alternate javax.persistence library in orbit. It may solve your problem, but I won't be able to tell for sure until you point me at specific issue

Please let me know if there are other issues I am missing.

Sorry for any confusion,
Tom

Dies Koper wrote:
Hi Tom,

I got it to run on my other machine.

I did have to change the return type of getPersistenceUnitUtil() in
EclipseLink\jpa\plugins\javax.persistence\src\javax\persistence\EntityManagerFactory.java
to make it compile. I'm not sure what other things I did, but I think
I'm running the tests using JDK6 now.

One of the first few tests seem to fail because the database returned an
error saying that there was not enough space in my empty 2GB table space
to create the tables required for advanced/LifeCycleJUnitTestSuite.

The error message was hidden so far because it was masked by a NPE
occurring in a finalize block. In the catch block the persistence
manager is closed and the session nullified while in the finalize block
it tries to start a transaction to return the DB to the original state.
With the nullified session, that throws a NPE.

Hopefully after solving the table space shortage problem we'll get a
better picture of how the platform class is performing.

Thanks,
Dies