|[eclipselink-dev] Initial patch for bug 249037: JPA 2.0 persisting list item index is available for review.|
What's in the fix:
1. Ordered list field support for DirectCollectionMapping, AggregateCollectionMapping, OneToOne, OneToMany, UnidirOneToMany, ManyToMany.
2. List order field deemed to be updatable for all mappings except AggregateCollectionMapping - in that case there's a choice of updatable (may alter the field value in the db using UPDATE) and not updatable (must perform first DELETE, then INSERT).
3. Support for fetch joins and batch reading.
4. Support for deferred and atribute change tracking (no attr. change tracking for AggregateCollectionMapping).
5. Fixed setting of a new collection with attribute change tracking (both with and without list order field);
6. In ComplexUpdateTest changed shouldCompareClone = true. Fixed models,derived tests that used to failed.
7. Moved orderBy support from ReadAllQuery up to ObjectLevelreadQuery (required for listOrderField support).
8. Added core tests.
What is not done yet.
1. No functionality to find and fix "holes" in order in the db;2. No functionality yet to query by order index;
3. No JPA support (neither feature nor tests)
4. No duplicate support - except DirectCollectionMapping.5. Some exceptions to be added.
6. No support yet for list order field in secondary table (SALARY table for Employee class).
Please send any feedback you may have.
Back to the top