[eclipselink-dev] [IMPORTANT] Workspace changes - Get dependencies from Orbit
As part of our 1.1.1 release we are transitioning to use Orbit to get any
shared dependencies for EclipseLink projects.
Orbit is the Eclipse project that manages shared dependencies.
This means that people developing using the Eclipse projects that are checked
in to our SVN repositories will have to make some changes to their workspaces.
You will remove the following projects from your workspace and replace them with
the ones from Orbit. (Instructions below the list)
Here is how you make the change:
1. Temporarily disable "Build Automatically" in the Project menu
2. Remove any of the above libraries you have in your workspace (you don't need
to check the "Remove from Disk" check box to do this)
3. Create a repository connection to the orbit repository (CVS URL is
:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/cvsroot/tools). Do this by adding the CVS
repositories view in your Eclipse and right clicking to add new.
4. Navigate to HEAD/org.eclipse.orbit/<your_project> . (where <your project> is
the library above
5. Check your project out into your workspace. Note that the project will be
empty. (this is ok)
6. In the Navigator (or Package Explorer, etc) right-click on the project and
choose Replace With -> Another Branch or Version... and select the branch that
you want to work with. (the branch names are the versions) The version next to
the library name above is the one you want
If you have any problems, let me know.
If you are not running the eclipse IDE, CVS can be used through the URL listed
above to get the same libraries.
Note: The versions of these projects that are checked into SVN will be
disappearing soon, so making these changes now ensures you will not have trouble
when we upgrade versions of these libraries.