[eclipselink-dev] Question about external dependencies.

All,

Until recently I didn't use the "extension.lib.external" or "extension.oracle.lib.external" directories. I am curious why we need two. I'd think that the oracle jdbc drivers and all other external dependencies are named differently than each other.

  Wouldn't a single directory be more efficient?

Also wouldn't defining a variable "extensions.depend.dir" make more sense that a plethora of explicit library definitions?
      jdbc=../extension.lib.external/jdbc.jar
      junit=../extension.lib.external/junit.jar
That way the minimum redefinition would be a single value (extensions.depend.dir), unless someone chooses to store them separately thus requiring a redefinition of all the external dependency library values.

Thanks

-Eric

Back to the top