Re: [eclipselink-dev] osgi persistence.xml hack

Hi Tim,

We are now creating plugins as part of our build. I was unable to recreate the issue you mention below with those plug-ins. I am wondering if you still get it with those plugins.

The most recent plugins are published with our nightly builds. Just look for: eclipselink-plugins-incubation-20080514.zip for last night's build at:

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/downloads/nightly.php

Note: There is an issue with the ant plug-in found in the zip file right now, so you will likely have to export that file from our Eclispe PDE project for now.

-Tom

Tim Hollosy wrote:
HI devs!

After mucking around trying to get OSGi EclipseLink to work _outside_
of eclipse (an exported eclipse product),  We've finally gotten it to
work:

In org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitProcessor
in the processPersistenceArchive method

Instead of getting the XML stream from the "Archive" class like:
InputStream pxmlStream = archive.getEntry("META-INF/persistence.xml");

-- which doesn't work for some reason.

You can instead use the classLoader's getResourceAsStream method like this:

InputStream pxmlStream = loader.getResourceAsStream("META-INF/persistence.xml");

I'm not exactly sure why the Archive class stuff doesn't work outside
of eclipse, since the getResources() call on the classLoader seems to
work fine, but I thought someone might be interested in this work
around.

As an aside -- I think you might want to look at testing outside of
eclipse, since apparently osgi in and outside of eclipse are two
different animals.

Thanks!
Tim