Re: [eclipselink-dev] osgi persistence.xml hack

Hi Tim,

   Thanks for the pointer!  As you know the OSGi Proof of Concept was not subjected to our regression test suites nor was it tested by myself extensively.  I just wanted to explore the issues around OSGi packaging and discover and file any show stopper bugs, which were primarily around classloader usage.

   Now with the OSGi support in the trunk we'll be investing in OSGi tests--outside Ecilpse ;-).  If you're working with the trunk and having problems do file bugs in bugzilla so we can get them fixed.

       Shaun

Tim Hollosy wrote:
HI devs!

After mucking around trying to get OSGi EclipseLink to work _outside_
of eclipse (an exported eclipse product),  We've finally gotten it to
work:

In org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitProcessor
in the processPersistenceArchive method

Instead of getting the XML stream from the "Archive" class like:
InputStream pxmlStream = archive.getEntry("META-INF/persistence.xml");

-- which doesn't work for some reason.

You can instead use the classLoader's getResourceAsStream method like this:

InputStream pxmlStream = loader.getResourceAsStream("META-INF/persistence.xml");

I'm not exactly sure why the Archive class stuff doesn't work outside
of eclipse, since the getResources() call on the classLoader seems to
work fine, but I thought someone might be interested in this work
around.

As an aside -- I think you might want to look at testing outside of
eclipse, since apparently osgi in and outside of eclipse are two
different animals.

Thanks!
Tim