[eclipselink-dev] Disk IO performance gain of 1-30% by disabling TSVNCache.exe

TortoiseSVN users,
    You may have noticed a slowdown of network/disk transfers or your CPU around 50% when moving a lot of files.  It turns out that TSVNCache.exe (part of TortoiseSVN) is caching all I/O not just during SVN transactions.
    Depending on the files transfered or the dest being a network/usb drive your TSVN may use upto 30% of your CPU.

  See the following - thanks Ron.

        "In TortoiseSVN Settings, under Icon Overlays, set your Status cache to
either Shell or None."

    I set the "Icon Overlays" flag to "Shell" from "Default".
    The TSVNCache process is gone and an SVN update seems to take the same amount of time.

    thank you
    /michael

Back to the top