[eclipselink-dev] Minutes: EclipseLink Dev Meeting Jan 16 2008

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/DevMeetings

Minutes are prefixed by >

Agenda
2PM EST, Wednesday Jan 16th, 2008

Attendees
----------
Tom Ware, Guy Pelletier, David Twelves, Blaise Doughan, Gordone Yorke, Michael O'Brien, Neil Hauge, Rick Sapir, Shawn Smith , Roger Striffler, Mitesh

=== Status updates ===

* IP Review ([[EclipseLink/IPLog]])
>wait until next week

** EclipseLink code being reviewed
** [[EclipseLink/Dependencies]] - All approved. Still need PMC approval for 3rd party dependencies - Doug
** Main TopLink Contribution awaiting final review
** Workbench CQ Approved
** UserGuide CQ Approved
* Dual Licensing with BSD
>next week

** Awaiting BSD availability. Working with Eclipse Foundation legal
** Will update all source in SVN and CQ with dual license header when available
* OSGi Proof of Concept
** [[EclipseLink/Development/OSGi_Proof_of_Concept | Wiki page added with POC status, demos, and usage instructions]].
** Branch Created in SVN for exploration of [[EclipseLink/Development/OSGi|EclipseLink as OSGi bundles]].
** POC running simple JPA and JAXB 2.0 apps in pure OSGi environment--no Equinox extensions used.

>shawn> stuff running with Mike keith with examples
>checkout what is there to become familiar with changes
>challenge is classloading
>should setup meeting to go over public issues

==== 1.0M4 ====
* Milestone release Date - Feb 6th
>official now
>will confirm milestones

* Automated build
** Continuous builds
*** Continous builds running again.
*** Tests to be added to continuous build when automated testing framework is completed
>had first problem due to mail server sending to mailing lists
>not running test yet until automated test process steps finalized

* Automated Testing - Tom
** JPA FullRegressionTestSuite and core SRG pass on EclipseLink build server
** JPA, MOXy, SDO and DBWS SRGs are needed
** Core SRG runs automatically with build
>working on core LRG

** Publication of test results
*** HTML version of Core SRG results published with each build
*** Peter working on making result linkable.
* Foundation and JPA Status

** Deprecation Removal - Kyle
>close to complete

** Deployment XML rework - Guy
>on track, by next milestone should have jpa loading via ox
>andre is helping by looking at other tagged bugs bringing current schema over

* OXM, JAXB, SDO - Blaise D
>finalizing sdo pieces checked in
>outstanding - sorting out srg/lrg components when available after 6 Feb

* Documentation Status - Rick S
>eclipselink user guide available for next milestone
>expanding on examples

** Complete [[EclipseLink/UserGuide|User's Guide]] available. Minor/final cleanup remaining.
** Adding crosslinks from/to examples, FAQs, etc.
** Working on [[EclipseLink/UserGuide/Contributor_Guidelines|Contributor Guidelines]]
** Javadocs linked from [[EclipseLink/UserGuide|User's Guide]]
** Improved searching
* Maven - Mitesh
>see sent mail
>uploaded proposed script 214970, minor operation details to finalize
>what user/pass for automated script etc.
>should be able to use scripts in top level dir - download/install maven
>we will get someone to try this

** Building Mavenized bundle of EclipseLink

**Mapping worbench update
>continuing on with testing (Automated) and build to be integrated by M4
>deployment.xml / mapping workbench discussion - have a look at guy's ER

==== 1.0 Exit Criteria ====
* 1.0 [[EclipseLink/Development/Release/1.0#1.0_Release_Criteria | Exit Criteria]] now documented. Please review and provide feedback on the dev mailing list - Doug
* Need to provide projected release date. Planning for first half of 2008. Waiting for JAXB 2.1 compliance estimates - Doug

=== General Issues ===
* nightly eclipselink.jar checked into build -
** bug created: [http://bugs/eclipse.org/211760 211760]
* new Productname EPS(EclipseLink) may be causing issues with our meta data
** Bugs button is now greyed out, and I can't figure out how to fix it.  Escape brackets???
* Auto generation of backlog list from bugs.
** Like to try this for M3.  Peter to follow up
* SVN Proxy
>currently using 3 diff proxies - they may have a limited # of connections - specific to Oracle

=== Upcoming Issues ===

The following items require discussion but are not yet at the stage where a solution can be proposed.

* [[EclipseLink/Development/Examples]]: Strategy for the development and maintenance of examples
* [[EclipseLink/Development/OSGi]]: Strategy for delivery of OSGi/Equinox bundles
* [[EclipseLink/Development/JPA_2.0]]: Strategy for the concurrent development of JPA 2.0 while maintaining JPA 1.0 usage
* [[EclipseLink/Development/Spring]]: Strategy for using EclipseLink within the Spring Framework
* [[EclipseLink/Development/Java6]]: Strategy for using EclipseLink on a Java SE 6 JRE

New Questions to answer for Jan 16, 2008 from 9 Jan 2008
>QUESTION 1) general thought on publishing lrg results on nightly builds?
>QUESTION 2) Neil: looking at backwards compatibility - how much? how far back in toplink versions?
>QUESTION 3) Neil: need to get integrated into the build - who to talk to? Tom/James for now
>QUESTION 4) Shawn: We should tag milestones - a bug is entered
>QUESTION 5) Shawn: objections to creating a branch for this OSGI work - OK

Back to the top