[eclipselink-dev] Branch for OSGi Packaging Investigation

In the dev team meeting today I proposed that a branch be created in SVN to provide a sandbox for exploring the packaging of EclipseLink as a set of OSGi bundles.  Branching would provide a way to share the OSGi packaged code with the EclipseLink dev team and the community so that anyone could checkout the code, experiment with it, and provide feedback on it.

There were no objections from those at the dev meeting but I'm posting this note to ask if anyone else has any concerns.  The branch would be entirely separate from the code stream in the trunk that is under active development by the EclipseLink team.  Changes and checkins made in the branch would not be visible in the trunk.  The branch will be based on a tagged revision of the trunk.

Silence will be taken as consent so unless there are any objections I will create the branch on January 10th.

    Shaun
--

Oracle
Shaun Smith | Principal Product Manager, TopLink | +1.905.502.3094

Back to the top