From: eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rick Sapir
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:07 PM
To: Dev mailing list for Eclipse Persistence Services
Subject: RE: [eclipselink-dev] FYI: XSD for EclipseLink sessions.xml

Is this information still valid: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_EclipseLink_Files_for_Deployment_%28ELUG%29#sessions.xml_File

Will the XSD be included with the ZIP?

-R
-----Original Message-----
From: eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Doug Clarke
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:13 PM
To: Eclipselink-Dev (E-mail)

I was working on upgrading some examples I have to use EclipseLink. As part of this I was upgrading some sessions configuration (sessions.xml) files and wanted to have the XML editor in the Eclipse IDE provide me insight into what values can be configured and to validate my instance documents. To make all of this work I did 2 things:

2. Modified the header of my sessions.xml file to leverage this XSD:

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'UTF-8'?>

<sessions version="1.0" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/xsds/eclipselink_sessions_1_0.xsd">

<session xsi:type="database-session">

<name>dynamic-employee-project</name>

<logging xsi:type="eclipselink-log">

<log-level>fine</log-level>

</logging>

<primary-project xsi:type="xml">

testing/dynamic/dynamic-employee-project.xml

</primary-project>

</session>

</sessions>

I will add a brief discussion of XSD publication to the agenda for Wednesday's developer meeting where we can discuss the approach and fine tune any location/namespace information. I assume we'll also want to publish the current deployment map XSD and adjust the runtime to use the provided namespace location.

Doug

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Doug Clarke | Principal Product Manager, Oracle TopLink
Oracle Server Technologies
45 O'Connor, Suite 4000 | Ottawa, ON  K1P 1A4 Canada

Back to the top