Re: [eclipselink-dev] Re: Code submission

Bjorn,

Thanks for clarifying what the issue was with original email. We will review the IP policy again and ensure our evolving development process conforms. I was under the impression that all email and newgroup posts were covered under EPL.

We are transitioning to a bugzilla centric process where attachements to the bugs can be used for communicated proposed changes for peer review/discussion and track completed changes.

Doug

From Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent Thu 01/11/2007 7:17 PM
To Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject Re: [eclipselink-dev] Re: Code submission

Tom, Doug,
No, it wasn't calling it a "code submission" that was the problem that caught my eye: it was including the patch in the email (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipselink-dev/msg00219.html).  The patch needed to be attached to a bug, not be in an email; that's an IP process rule.

- Bjorn

P.S. You can call it whatever you want :-)

Tom Ware wrote:
 In this case, the issue is just the choice of words for the subject line.

 Guy is a committer and contributing a relatively small change to the code base that he has developed himself.  I guess we should be careful not to use the words "Code Submission" when adding this kind of code.
--

[end of message]