From: eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Neil Hauge
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:39 PM
To: Dev mailing list for Eclipse Persistence Services
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-dev] 2:00pm EST Meeting Agenda: Wed Oct 31.

Some comments:

On code submission
  • Features should also have a corresponding Bugzilla entry with the beginning status of Enhancement.  All features should be tracked in Bugzilla.
  • "Code changes should be sent to the eclipselink-dev mailing list in the form of an SVN patch"
    • I would recommend posting the patch to the bug instead of posting to the mailing list.  This makes it easier to roll back changes, track submissions, etc.  For notification purposes, you can "Watch" email addresses in Bugzilla, or use the CC function.  Even if you do want to notify the mailing list for every change, I strongly recommend you post the patch to the bug, and then just reference the bug in the email.
  • "For bugs, the bugzilla entry must have the final SVN patch attached to it and a short description of the fix should be added to bugzilla"
    • This is good, but I recommend ALL SVN patches be attached to the bug.
  • "For both, send and email to eclipselink-dev and update bugzilla with the following information"
    • I would add to this list, a link to the any related specs should also be included.

Neil

Tom Ware wrote:
Here is the strawman for the dev process.  Please feel free to send me comments or add comments to the wiki.

I'll assume silence means you are happy with the proposal.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/Process

-Tom

Peter Krogh wrote:

I am going to try structuring these meetings a little better than I have in the past.  They will be capped at 1 hour, and proposed agendas will be sent out a day earlier to be agreed on by the group.  The time cap means that people who are talking will have a fixed amount of time, and will be cut off if they are going over time.  Lengthy open issues and action items will likely need to be addressed outside of the meeting, and brought back in to discuss outcomes at the next meeting.

I will accept agenda changes until about 11:00am EST Wed.

I propose that the meeting be done in two parts, status updates, and general issues.  The name beside the status update indicate that it is that person's responsibility to give the update.  The general issues will generally be given as a proposal by the person with the name beside it.

Proposed Agenda: Wed Oct 31
---
Time: 2:00pm EST Phone: 1-888-967-2253
Conf ID/Password: 486546/486546

Status updates
- M1
  - Status on putting TopLink changes into EclipseLink - Peter K
  - Build and Installer Status - Tom W
  - Download, wiki, www - Doug C
  - Status on OXM, JAXB, SDO - Dave M
  - Documentation Status Update - Rick S.
  - Sign off on packaging/zip name - Doug
- Update on Testing Status - Chris D and Mike N

General Issues
- Current Dev Process - Tom
  - Min Requirements
  - Bugzilla