From: eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of James
Sutherland
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 9:16 AM
To: Dev mailing list for Eclipse Persistence Services
Subject: RE: [eclipselink-dev] RE: Using JUnit4 and Ant in EclipseLink

One thing we should think about in adding support for adding new JUnit4 test support to the core / POJO tests is whether we should be adding any new POJO tests in general.  We desire all new users to use our JPA API and do not anticipate new users using our POJO API, so it baffles me why we would be adding tests for new functionality through the POJO API instead of the JPA API.

New tests for the POJO API should be limited to tests for bug fixes from users using the POJO.  All new functionality should be tested through JPA.