[eclipse.org-planning-council] The Planning Council and Eclipse IDE Working Group

I'm sorry that I missed today's call. It is entirely my fault; I did not update my calendar entry.

I understand that there were some questions today regarding the nature of the relationship between the Eclipse Planning Council and the Eclipse IDE Working Group.

The short version is that everything we know is captured in the Eclipse IDE Working Group charter. There is an open opportunity to define the relationship and refine the role of the Planning Council.

I see the Planning Council as the technical wing of the working group, providing oversight and guidance to the projects that contribute to the simultaneous release and the pieces that pull all the pieces together.

This is probably a discussion that we should have on the eclipse-ide-wg mailing list.

Wayne

--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top