[eclipse.org-planning-council] Update from meeting with Eclipse Foundation Marketing department

Hi,

I suppose you know the story of me stepping up as a link between this council and Eclipse Foundation (EF) marketing department so I'll just get to the interesting part.

I had an introductory call with Thabang the following points are to be emphasized:
  • Apparently the agreement before I stepped in is that EF marketing would put a major effort every June release.
    • For the other non-June releases the effort would be limited to changing labels and banners in the website and landing page.
    • The 2018-12 release is a bit of an exception here as the effort might be major because of the botched last release.
  • We'll stick to 'Eclipse IDE' as the prefix of the full release name
Let me know if this is not what you expected.
***

Now to the specifics of the 2018-12 release. They have prepared a landing page for it. I've linked two PDFs at the end so you can see what they look like. The 'rollover' version shows the content of the 6 boxes that show up if you mouse-over one of the circles.

The content in those boxes is expected to come from us. If you have no objections I will provide a draft for those and put them to you for review. Alternatively you can also propose anything you might want to see there.

I also have asked them to prominently feature a link to this page from the home page through a big banner at the top and the footer.

To summarize what is needed of us by Dec 7 is:
  • Sarika's N&N content as already agreed in the thread
  • A marketing-friendly summary for the 6-box content from 'me' as mentioned above
Let me know if you have any question.

--

Sopot Cela

Software Engineering Manager