Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Simultaneous Release Brainstorming

Hi,

In order to relaunch the discussion before the call tomorrow, here is a sum up of what I kept from this thread at the moment :

What would be the future of the SimRel?

A new release every 12 weeks.
Only one stream.
Only one repository continuously updated.
Break API : Allow to add new API to each release and delete once a year in June.

Remaining questions :

* How do we organize API freeze ?
* How do we organize the verification & tests in order to evolve from a by hand homologation to a more automatic one ?
* Do the EDP delays, release review and manual IP log would scale ?
* How do we name the releases ? What do we do about code names?
* When do we imagine to switch ? After Photon release? Later ?

As I said each time, please share your ideas and points, it would be a huge change for Eclipse if we go this way so I expect as much people as possible to give their opinions.

Thanks for your replies,
--
Mélanie Bats
CTO

*Obeo*
25 Boulevard Victor Hugo - Colomiers - France
http://www.obeo.fr

Back to the top