Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Finalizing the Eclipse Oxygen.x update release dates

Hi Nick,

Thanks for bringing up the release dates.

On 26.07.2017 23:04, Nick Boldt wrote:
> Some time ago [1], it was proposed to have the following dates for the
> Oxygen.x update releases, but that was blocked from being ratified by
> some months of debate about what to do about JDK9's release.
>
> Since JDK9 has slipped to Sept 21 [2], I'd like to ask again if these
> are the dates we want to work toward, and if not, what additional
> changes are required to make everyone happy. For example, do we want to
> adjust the September release's GA date from 09/27 to 09/21 to more
> closely align with the JDK9 release date?

I had already added this question to the agenda of the Planning Council
meeting in July (which got canceled). So it's now on the agenda for next
week's call
(https://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/August_2_2017#Agenda).
Adjusting the GA date to 09/21 potentially conflicts(?) with the Photon
M2 release. So this should definitely be discussed and decided next week.

> [1] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg02690.html
> [2] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9/
>
> If we all agree with at least the .2 and .3 dates (but further debate is
> needed for the .1 September dates), I can start putting at least the .2
> and .3 release dates into the Planning Council calendar and the wiki
> page [3] so that everyone can see them and plan accordingly.
>
> [3] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Oxygen/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Schedules
>
> Note that TODAY is the end of the checkpoint week (based on the Neon.x
> dates [4])

Thanks for the reminder! :)

> [4] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Neon/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Schedules
>
> *I will assume that if I haven't heard from anyone in 24 hours that you
> all agree with the dates below. *
> [...]

Regards,

Fred