Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Reminder of First Wednesday Meeting, May 6, 12 Noon.

On 06/05/2015 11:09 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
I completely agree. Note that when Java 7 GAed in September, we approved to ship the support with SR1 in September.

I remember that being less than ideal. Add support for a new Java major release is a pretty big deal that shouldn’t be hidden in a service release.

Yes.

I would like to point out that an element that has been completely missing from the conversation to this point is the marketing aspects of what we choose to do. Sure, we can include things in a SR. But those are not perceived by our users and adopters in the same way as a new "release". Marketing messages shape perception, and perception is reality. We need to keep that in mind.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top