I'll abstain, but glad to re-build if rest
of planning council agrees. Thought I'd explain it wasn't completely obvious
to me a re-spin with current proposed fix is best (it likely is, I'm just
saying I did not want to be the sole decision maker for this one ... wanted
to be sure others feel the risk is worth the benefit. In another list,
I've asked Pascal to explain why better to "add a fix", rather
than revert the fix that "exposed" this bug. In either case I
guess we' need a rebuild ... just want to be sure we are improving stability
(as well as quality).
I think the procedure is that we need
3 +1's (2 more, considering Ian's is 1) and then we'll rebuild, but I hope
every member reviews the bug and weighs in.
Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/21/2014 12:28 PM
Kepler SR2 Respin
The p2, Equinox and Eclipse Platform team are currently
in the process of fixing a serious issue in p2 [1,2]. While the issue has
existed for a while, it was masked by another bug (which has been fixed).
This bug is critical because it can leave users in a completely broken
state (plugins may appear to be installed, but won't actually function).
In the worse case, Eclipse install may no longer start after a successful
I would like to request a respin of Kepler SR2 (including
the repository and EPP Packages). We are still in the process of rebuilding
the Eclipse Platform, but I think we should start the discussion / vote