Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Naming indigo +1

That list of names sounds good. Last year was a mess because we initially had some kind of "open" polling system but someone wrote a script to stack the votes [1]. So, we ended up using a polling system the Eclipse Foundation has set up, where you have to be a committer to vote. Not as inclusive, but at least the result is reliable.. I suggest we just use the Foundation's polling system again. Ask webmaster for details.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg01784.html

John

Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/14/2011 03:21 PM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-planning-council"        <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-planning-council] Naming indigo +1

Hi,

We had promised the availability of the indigo +1 name to be available for EclipseCon.
In order to be able to meet that deadline, we need to be able to start a vote today or tomorrow.
I propose that we open the vote with the following choices. Let me know if you think some should be removed?

Juno
Jupiter
Jubilate
Jura