Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] TODOs from today's meeting for compliance checklists

Anne did not ask for this for the release review. CDT did not provide it. As I interpret the EDP, the train requirements are not requirements for release.

I didn't know about this either. Also, it sounds odd to require this because the release review and related material is a standard Eclipse Foundation process that is unrelated to whether a project is on the train or not. Not suprisingly, the page that outlines the required elements of the release review documentation doesn't mention this [1].

John

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Release_Reviews

Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/03/2010 11:27 AM

Please respond to

"eclipse.org-planning-council"        <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] TODOs from today's meeting for        compliance checklists

I admit that I did not know (or at least remember) that the check list was supposed to be included in the release materials. The Eclipse and Equinox projects slideware does not include this information. I hope we can make an exception this release and let this slide. Sorry if this was discussed and documented somewhere. If so, I apologize for overlooking this requirement.

Tom

Inactive hide details for David M Williams---06/03/2010 02:56:39 AM---This a reminder of issues/oddities with the "compliance cDavid M Williams---06/03/2010 02:56:39 AM---This a reminder of issues/oddities with the "compliance checklists" that need some attention from some of you:

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

06/03/2010 02:56 AM

[eclipse.org-planning-council] TODOs from today's meeting for compliance checklists

This a reminder of issues/oddities with the "compliance checklists" that need some attention from some of you:
You can start and drill down, if you need to, from here

http://eclipse.org/helios/planning/SimultaneousReleaseGrid.php

Oisin: stp

only one has data: stp sca

one 'stp' is probably a "container project" and just needs to have its Simultaneous Release flag unset?
stp bpmnmodeler? Are they no longer releasing? releasing, but not in common repo? Please make sure the form is filled out by release review, if they plan on releasing.

Gary: Birt (and a few others)
please fill in the planning and ip doc urls (at least).

Wayne/Chris ejit/jget ... looks like it already received a little TLC already? Thanks!

Modeling ... where to start :) ... 5 subprojects appear to not be participating ... from a casual glance.

Anthony mentioned a few of the gmf ones that were containers, or "dropped out" with their restructuring. Anthony, can you try unchecking the sim. rel. flag ... or fill in valid data if this are really supposed to have it.

Ed, Is there 4 you need to handle? Can you get some help?
>From a previous note to day, I suspect you've never used this new system of forms and discovered how easy the Eclipse Foundation has made it. 5-10 minutes would get you 80% done, I suspect. They've done a good job of providing these tools.

All: a checklist was supposed to be included with your release materials. Did you? Did anyone besides webtools? I know this system got on-line a little late, and I didn't have time to keep a watch on all of you ... but, I shouldn't have to.

Long run, I think we'll enjoy these tools more when we can use them over whole cycle (to better monitor progress) and also if/when some can be better automated or ... best of all ... tie some to automatic tests! But ... that's all future.

I'd appreciate some "clean up" now as we end this release so we at least we look like a group of professionals working together ... instead of some haphazard collections of uncoordinated pieces of things.

Sincerest thanks.