[eclipse.org-planning-council] Ready for Ganymede Service Release 1?

No, no ... not yet, it's too early!

But, I did want to spread the word that the Planning Council
has at least chosen the name for the release formerly known
as Fall Maintenance Release. It will now be
called "Service Release 1", or more formally

Full, formal name:              Ganymede Service Release <i>
Shorter names/abbreviated:      Ganymede SR1, SR2, etc.
Pattern for filenames, etc.     ...-ganymede-...-SR<i>-...tar/zip

See bug 227767 for history and discussion -- but in brief,
the seasonal names did not correctly reflect
the global nature of Eclipse.

I wanted to mention this new name now, on these lists,
so those responsible for documenting and discussing
such things can start to use the improved naming.

I have updated our planning document with the new names at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Ganymede_Simultaneous_Release#Coordinated_Service_Releases_.28Proposed.29