[eclipse.org-planning-council] Re: Eclipse Foundation certificate expiration date

While I wait for an answer from Verisign, I booted up a copy of Windows XP, and fast-forwarded the system date to June 16, 2012.

I downloaded RC4 and used the Ganymede update site to install the CDT (which was signed over 4 years ago, back in May 2008). I'm not sure if this is a valid test or not, but I didn't encounter any errors while booting Eclipse or installing CDT.

Denis

Markus Knauer wrote:
Hi *,

just one question, it may be a stupid one, but maybe it is more important question than I think. I was looking into a .jar signed with the Foundation certificate and found 15/04/09 01:59 as date of its expiry.

This is less than a year from now on, which means that the jar's are signed with a certificate that will be expired before we will see the next major release.

Is this what we intended? Does it cause any problems in the future? Any other unexpected side-effects?

%< ------------------------------------------------------------------------
X.509, CN="Eclipse Foundation, Inc.", OU=Digital ID Class 3 - Java Object Signing, O="Eclipse Foundation, Inc.", L=Ottawa, ST=Ontario, C=CA
      [certificate is valid from 14/04/06 02:00 to 15/04/09 01:59]

X.509, CN=VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2004 CA, OU=Terms of use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)04, OU=VeriSign Trust Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
      [certificate is valid from 16/07/04 02:00 to 16/07/14 01:59]

      [KeyUsage, NetscapeCertType extension does not support code signing]
X.509, OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
      [certificate is valid from 29/01/96 01:00 to 02/08/28 01:59]

Regards,
Markus

--

Eclipse WebMaster - webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx