RE: [eclipse.org-planning-council] A suggested topic for Planning Council Discussion

Also good points for discussion  ... but what do you mean by "RC"? The Planning Council?

Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/30/2007 09:46 AM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-planning-council"        <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [eclipse.org-planning-council] A suggested topic for Planning        Council Discussion

Even if you’re a project that does get removed, you can still release on the same day. Other than getting your bits mentioned in an over crowded update site, it’s not overly obvious what the benefits of being in the simultaneous release trains are at the moment. I know the only thing the CDT community cares about is having the same release date. So I’m not sure we’d want to pull that card yet. The whole house could come down.

And in my mind that’s the real problem with the RC. Their influence in the day to day operations of Eclipse projects isn’t very strong. Given that committers are the only ones that have power on the projects, the RC needs to do a better job of influencing them, or just forget about it.

BTW, I won’t be at the planning council meeting.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead,
http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com