[eclipse.org-planning-council] Planning Council meeting in Chicago June 29th

Planning Council Members,
As you know, the Q2 council meetings are being held in Chicago at the Hotel Allegro (www.allegrochicago.com). The schedule will be:
  • Tuesday (June 27th) evening - Group dinner at at the 312 Chicago Restaurant. (Please RSVP via http://www.regonline.com/96095)
  • Wednesday (June 28th) morning - plenary session with all three Council and the entire Board
  • Thursday - planning council meeting
  Tuesday 27 Wednesday 28 Thursday 29
am Requirements Plenary w/ Board Planning
pm Architecture
eve Group Dinner

The agenda for the Planning Council is (to date) three items:
  • Callisto.
    You all are/will be done with Callisto on the 29th. However, we will still have a couple items to discuss:
    • How/when to make the final "final bits" announcement.
    • How are we going to handle dot releases? Are we going to have Callisto-dot releases or is each project just going to do their own? Will we use the same update site?
    • Some retrospective on the Callisto experience - the good, the bad, and the we'll-be-better-next-time
  • Europa.
    Callisto has been/will be a great success. We'll probably want to do this again next year. I've arbitrarily chosen "Europa" for next year's code name (because it's the next easiest to pronounce major moon of Jupiter :-). While we might not want to do all the planning for Europa at this meeting, I think we should at least "plan to make a plan" for Europa. We can talk a bit about the must/should rules, a bit about coordinating builds, synchronizing schedules, etc.
  • EclipseCon.
    The program committee for EclipseCon 2007 will include you all. Basically, it just makes sense for the experts on each project (that's you) to choose the tutorials, long talks, short talks, and demos for that project. Each major Eclipse project PMC will be given a set of slots - you can recruit content, you can choose from submitted content, etc. Anyway, I'll explain the rationale for this and your role in the process.
Look forward to seeing you there...
Bjorn

P.S. The next Council meetings will be in Stuttgart Oct 10-11-12 in conjunction with our first Eclipse Summit Europe.

Back to the top