RE: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Minutes from Friday'sCallisto call have been posted (FYI)

Yeah, agreed.  Focusing on the Update Manager would be time well spent.  I guess I got worried during the meeting because what I thought I heard was “Eclipse is going to invent an installer”.  That doesn’t make sense to me.

Bjorn, can you explain again why we need to talk to our respective Board members?  I’m assuming it relates to funding an initiative.  What exactly do we want to fund?

From: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 10:16 AM
To: eclipse.org-planning-council
Subject: RE: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Minutes from Friday'sCallisto call have been posted (FYI)

Or, we could spend a little community effort and make the Update Manager easier to use. With maybe a link in the default Welcome page to start it up with the staging/milestone link already pre-populated in milestone builds. I don’t think there’s any getting away from downloading the platform since, I believe, it is the minimum required piece and the user would have to download it anyway.

I have 40,000+ users downloading the CDT via our update site. I’d like to move all of them to Callisto and it would be nice if we had a good out of the box story for them, without having to pay someone fees.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems