Yesterday, Feb 23rd, we had a conference call at 9am PST, noon EST, 6pm
CET to discuss the draft of the version 1.0 of the Roadmap document. It
was a very useful and effective call - thanks to all who contributed.
The only section of the Roadmap that generated discussion was the "Eclipse
Future Directions" section of the roadmap.html page. There were two
- This section was generated by Mike without input from the
Architecture or Requirements Councils and that, in the future, those
councils need to be involved in creating this section of the Roadmap.
- The wording is such that readers might take this as "the truth"
rather than as speculation. We need more wording to show that intent of
the document is to start a dialog with the membership about the
direction of Eclipse rather than making an apriori definitive statement.
- Mike will touch base with Plug-in Provider represenatives Rich
and Todd to make sure they understand the implications of the "Eclipse
Future Directions" section of roadmap.html.
- [Completed] Bjorn will update the "Eclipse Future Directions"
section with respect to item (2) above, and send around this email
notifying everyone that it has been done.
- [Completed] The Council representatives agreed that the Roadmap
is ready to be presented to the Board at the Monday, Feb 28th meeting.