[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Proposal to establish the MicroProfile Working Group
A proposal has been made to establish the MicroProfile Working Group .
The aim of the working group is to drive the evolution and broad adoption of technologies devised from or related to the MicroProfile project enabling an open source, vendor neutral, collaborative, initiative to create technical specifications, APIs, and
technology compatibility kits (TCKs) for Java runtimes tho enable the development,
deployment, and management of cloud-native microservices.
The working group will:
● Promote the MicroProfile brand and its value in the marketplace.
● Ensure the consistency of logo usage and other marketing materials.
● Manage the use of the Eclipse Foundation Specification Process to formalize the
specifications that are defined within the scope of this working group.
● Leverage Eclipse Foundation-defined licensing and intellectual property flows that
encourage community participation, protect community members, and encourage usage.
● Manage the overall technical strategies and its related open source projects.
The proposed charter  for this working group is available for review. If you have any comments or feedback on the proposed charter, please send them to the working group mailing list . All Members of the Eclipse Foundation are invited to join and participate in this working group. If you are interested, please send an email to the mailing list . Based on the feedback and level of interest, the working group will be officially created later this month or early next.
Please feel free to contact me directly, or the mailing list, if you have any questions.
VP, Member Services | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.