[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Press Activities at EclipseCon

All,

Each year EclipseCon attracts a number of editors, reporters and analysts who attend the conference or who are interested in receiving news from the conference.  The Eclipse Foundation tries to help member companies optimize their press coverage at EclipseCon through a number of PR initiatives.   I would ask that you please forward this e-mail to the appropriate press people in your organization, so they can take advantage of these opportunities.

  1. Attached is the current press list for EclipseCon.  We will send an updated version 1 week before the conference.

  1. The Eclipse Foundation will issue a Community Press Release at EclipseCon.  This release will include a summary and link to all the announcements from Foundation member companies.  If you are planning to make an announcement at EclipseCon and would like to be include in this release, please send Lynn Gayowski (lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx) your summary and url link by March 18.

  1. The Eclipse Foundation will provide supporting press quotes to Foundation member organizations for their press announcements.  If you would like to have a press quote from the Foundation, please send a draft of the release and a proposed quote to Ian Skerrett (ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx) before March 16.   We will do our best to approve these quotes within 48 hours.

  1. We will have a press interview room available at EclipseCon.  This room is available for organizations that want to hold private press meetings.  The room can be reserved in 30 minutes blocks on a first come first served basis.   Each organization will be limited to 5 30-minutes slots.  To reserve the room, please send Lynn Gayowski the times you would like to reserve the room.

Regards,

Ian Skerrett

Ian Skerrett

Director of Marketing

Eclipse Foundation

613-224-9461 ext. 227

blog: ianskerrett.wordpress.com

twitter: https://twitter.com/ianskerrett

Register Now for EclipseCon 2009, March 23-26