[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Important Notice: Eclipse Foundation Membership Dues

Dear Members,

At the June 17, 2008 board meeting, the Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors will be voting on a proposal that will open the Associate Membership class to a broader audience and also change the dues structure for Add-In Provider members.  This follows changes already approved by the Board in April, 2008 which raised Strategic Developer minimum dues from $0 to $25,000 USD.

There has not been a change to the membership dues in the almost 5 years since the Eclipse Foundation was launched.  After consultation with other industry consortia and our membership-at-large, we feel we have a proposal that will allow the Eclipse Foundation to continue expanding and providing services and benefits to our Ecosystem for the next five years.

Here is a summary of the proposal:

1.       Any organization may become an Associate Member and annual dues will be $5,000 USD.  Associate membership will continue to be free for Non-profits, Media, Government and other organization types as defined by the board. Associate Members will remain non-voting members of the Eclipse Foundation.

2.       Add-In Provider Annual Dues for memberships (both new and renewals) on or after July 1, 2008 will be tiered based on Corporate Revenue (all values USD):

a.       Annual Corporate Revenue Less Than $10 million - Fee: 5,000

b.      Annual Corporate Revenue Less Than $50 million - Fee: 7,500

c.       Annual Corporate Revenue Less Than $100 million - Fee: 10,000

d.      Annual Corporate Revenue Less Than $250 million - Fee: 15,000

e.      Annual Corporate Greater Than $250 million - Fee: 20,000

Please note the following:

·         Membership dues for organizations with less than $10M USD in revenue will not change.  This represents more than 40% of our current AIP membership.

·         Any member with revenue more than $10M USD can still maintain dues at the current rate by becoming an Associate Member.  Associate membership is intended for Organizations who wish to simply show their brand and financial support for the Eclipse Foundation and ecosystem but are not interested in taking a more active, solutions-oriented role.

·         If approved, the proposal would be effective as of July 1, 2008.

·         The Strategic Developer Members have already unanimously approved a motion that increased their own dues by raising the minimum Strategic Developer Dues by $25,000 USD.  This went into effect April, 2008.

If you have any questions or feedback on this proposal, please contact myself,  membership@xxxxxxxxxxx, or contact one of the elected Add-In provider board representatives Robert Day, Emma McGrattan, Tracy Ragan, Mike Taylor or Todd Williams cc’d above.

Thank you for your continued support of the Eclipse Foundation!

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director

Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Office: +1.613.224.9461 x228