Re: [eclipse.org-members-committers] Upcoming Vote of the Membership

On 04/08/2015 12:33 PM, Neil Bartlett wrote:
Many thanks Mike, this clarified almost everything, except for one thing. You point out that the EPL provides the majority of the IP protections. However the last paragraph of the EPL states it is governed by New York State and United States law. If the agencies you are talking to can’t accept NY law for the membership agreement, why can they accept it for the EPL?

Forgive me if this is a legally naïve question.

Neil,

It is not naive at all.

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is simply that they don't have to sign the EPL, whereas they do have to sign the membership agreement. Which triggered a legal review. Which has brought us to this happy juncture :)

<<insert lawyer joke here>>

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx